School Certifying Officials

Vanessa Ochoa & Noe Aguirre

Phone: (818) 677-5928 Fax: (818) 677-6248

Send email

Veterans Admissions

We are excited that you are considering becoming a CSUN Matador! As a military-connected student, you are starting an important journey with us. CSUN's Office of Veterans Affairs will assist you with the education benefits process, admissions process and certifying benefits for each term of enrollment.

Our office will help pave the way for you to join our vibrant university community. If you have questions along the way, feel free to contact us at (818) 677-5928 or

I am a...

Veteran Undergraduate Student

Whether you are a first-time student or a transfer, you'll find your place at CSUN. We have the tools you need to apply and access your benefits. Let us help you walk through the process.

Veteran Undergraduate Student Application Info

Veteran Dependent Student

As a child of a veteran, you may receive certain benefits when you apply to CSUN. You will find information on this page to help you connect to resources.

Veteran Undergraduate Student Application Info

Veteran Graduate Student

Apply to the graduate program that will take your career to the next level. The Office of Veterans Affairs will make sure you have access to a variety of resources and have the benefits you need. See the steps you need to take to apply and start your journey.

Veteran Graduate Student Application Info

Education Benefits for Veterans and Dependents

As a veteran or dependent of a veteran, you may qualify for federal and/or state benefits. They include:

  • Federal Veterans Benefits: You may qualify for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment benefits (Chapter 31) or Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33), or a number of other federal benefits.  In order to determine your eligibility and apply for different benefits, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • California College Fee Waiver: The College Tuition Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents (CalVet Fee Waiver) program waives tuition for qualified students. Visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs for more information.

If you are eligible for these benefits and intend to use them, please provide us the documents listed below:

  • For Federal Veterans Benefits, please submit a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Education Enrollment Status form. (Both can be obtained from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.) Use our step-by-step guide on how to request certification through your CSUN Portal.
  • For the CalVet Fee Waiver, please send us your award letter for past, current or future academic years via email, in person or by fax. Our contact information is below.

If you qualify for Federal Veterans Benefits (Chapter 31 or Chapter 33), you will be allowed to enroll at CSUN while we await payment for tuition and fees from the VA. CSUN will not impose any penalty, charge late fees or require you to borrow additional funds to cover tuition or fees. The waiting period begins the date you provide appropriate documentation. It will continue either until funds are received from the VA or until 90 days after the School Certifying Official has certified your enrollment. For more information regarding this policy, contact our School Certifying Official at or (818) 677-5928.

For new CSUN students: We encourage you to begin providing your documents as soon as you submit your Cal State Apply application for CSUN. Your application will provide you with a student ID number that you can use to submit your documents.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Certification of Coursework for Federal Veterans Benefits

Service members, veterans and dependents who want to use their federal VA educational benefits while enrolled at CSUN must submit a Veterans Benefits Certification Request each term of enrollment.

Access our step-by-step guide on how to request certification using your CSUN Portal.

Note: Students receiving only the California College Fee Waiver Program (CalVet Fee Waiver) are NOT required to submit the Online Veterans Benefit Certification Request.

Contact Us

Need help? Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs. We're here to support your educational journey.

Office: CSUN, Veterans Affairs, Bayramian Hall Room 150

School Certifying Officials: Vanessa Ochoa and Noe Aguirre


Service Hours
Monday - Friday
Email: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Office: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.*

*Please prepare for your in-person visit by reviewing Matadors Forward - Health and Safety Requirements. We look forward to seeing you!


CSUN Office of Veterans Affairs
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street, Bayramian Hall 150
Northridge, CA 91330-8207

School Certifying Officials

Vanessa Ochoa & Noe Aguirre

Phone: (818) 677-5928 Fax: (818) 677-6248

Send email

Scroll back to the top of the page